LDAPbis Call for Document Editors

The LDAPbis (proposed) WG seeks document editors to
produce initial "strawman" I-Ds proposing updates for
the following LDAPv3 "core" technical specifications:
  RFC 2251: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3)
  RFC 2252: LDAP (v3): Attribute Syntax Definitions
  RFC 2256: A Summary of the X.500(96) User Schema for use with LDAPv3
  RFC 2829: Authentication Methods for LDAP

Each "strawman" I-D would be submitted (as an individual
submission) for discussion at IETF#49.  The I-D submission
cutoff date is 17 November for initial submissions (24
November for revisions).

For each specification, the editor would be primarily
responsible for determine what changes to propose. The
editor should use this list, archives of various mail
lists, and their own best judgement to produce an
initial I-D.  The general guidance, in accordance
without proposed charter and IETF#48 discussions,
given to editors is:
  - don't add any new features, and
  - obsolete LDAPv2

After each I-D is submitted, the worthiness for the
proposal should be discussed on this list and at IETF#49.
Based upon consensus, the I-D would either be accepted as
the basis for further work or rejected.

Volunteers should send an e-mail addressed to:
  Bob Morgan <rlmorgan@washington.edu> and
  Kurt Zeilenga <kurt@openldap.org>
indicating their desire to serve as a Document Editor
by 3 November, 5pm EST.  The e-mail should clearly specify
which "strawman" I-Ds the volunteer is willing and able
to produce.

Regards, Kurt