RFC 2254bis

I draw your attention to the following I-D:
  The String Representation of LDAP Search Filters
  draft-smith-ldapv3-filter-update-00.txt

This I-D proposes a technical specification to replace
RFC 2253.  I request you review this I-D as a strawman
proposal to fulfill LDAPbis proposed work item.

The following is a summary of the technical changes made:
   "Search Filter Definition" section: changed the ABNF definition of
   empty filter set).  This change aligns this document with RFC 2251
   and allows the full range of possible LDAPv3 filters to be
   represented.  The authors do not believe that this change will cause
   significant interoperability problems.

Your comments are solicited.