RE: ;binary transfer of the binary syntax

Kurt,

They should know, but typically they don't. Client implementors
take shortcuts. They don't bother checking the schema to see if the
attribute has been returned under one of the alternative names.
Therefore it is prudent for us as server implementors to return
attributes under the name that was requested by the user. Of course we
are out of luck if the user just requested all user attributes, i.e. "*".
This is one of those situations where using names instead of OIDs in
the protocol bites.

Regards,
Steven