Progression of normative references

I've chatted with responsible parties regarding progression
of ABNF (RFC2234), SASL (RFC2222) and TLS (RFC2246).  It appears
that activities to take these specifications to Draft Standard
are either already underway or soon will be.  At this time,
I do not see any of these documents slowing progression of LDAPv3
to Draft Standard.

As noted during the BOF, the reference to IPSEC (RFC2401) is
not normative and hence this will not impede the progression
of LDAPv3.

Of course, we still must deal with dozen or so normative
references to LDAPv2 and X.500 RFCs.