OpenLDAP
Up to top level
Build   Contrib   Development   Documentation   Historical   Incoming   Software Bugs   Software Enhancements   Web  

Logged in as guest

Viewing Software Bugs/5533
Full headers

From: h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no
Subject: test035-meta crashes --without-threads
Compose comment
Download message
State:
0 replies:
5 followups: 1 2 3 4 5

Major security issue: yes  no

Notes:

Notification:


Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 20:05:46 GMT
From: h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no
To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: test035-meta crashes --without-threads
Full_Name: Hallvard B Furuseth
Version: RE24
OS: 
URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/Hallvard-Furuseth-080527.tgz.1
Submission from: (NULL) (129.240.6.233)
Submitted by: hallvard


slapd crashes in test035 after 10 runs:
daemon.c:979: assert( SLAP_SOCK_IS_ACTIVE( s ));

RE24 + libraries/libldap_r/thr_stub.c rev 1.35
./configure --quiet --without-threads --enable-meta --enable-ldap 'CFLAGS=-O0
-g'
(declare -i n=0; while n=n+1 && echo "run #$n" && ./run test035;
do sleep 5;
done)

Testrun directory enclosed, with files OUTPUT (from tty) and slapd.*.GDB.
Removed database directories though.
(Argh, I messed up with passive mode again.  Oh well.)


Followup 1

Download message
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 13:11:06 -0700
From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>
To: h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no, openldap-its@openldap.org
Subject: Re: (ITS#5533) test035-meta crashes --without-threads
--On Tuesday, May 27, 2008 8:05 PM +0000 h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no wrote:

> Full_Name: Hallvard B Furuseth
> Version: RE24
> OS:
> URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/Hallvard-Furuseth-080527.tgz.1
> Submission from: (NULL) (129.240.6.233)
> Submitted by: hallvard
>

Isn't this just a duplicate of ITS#5489?

--Quanah



--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc
--------------------
Zimbra ::  the leader in open source messaging and collaboration



Followup 2

Download message
From: Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 23:02:53 +0200
To: quanah@zimbra.com
Cc: openldap-its@openldap.org
Subject: Re: (ITS#5533) test035-meta crashes --without-threads
quanah@zimbra.com writes:
> Isn't this just a duplicate of ITS#5489?

Apparently not.  Got it again at 4th run with daemon.c 1.380.2.12.
Also in a somewhat patched HEAD with the same configuration.

Hm, the crashes happen for extended operations.  So far
6 times "Passwd ExOp failed (1)!", once "WhoAmI failed (49)!".

-- 
Hallvard



Followup 3

Download message
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 20:59:17 +0200
From: Pierangelo Masarati <pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it>
To: h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no
CC: openldap-its@openldap.org
Subject: Re: (ITS#5533) test035-meta crashes --without-threads
h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no wrote:
> quanah@zimbra.com writes:
>   
>> Isn't this just a duplicate of ITS#5489?
>>     
>
> Apparently not.  Got it again at 4th run with daemon.c 1.380.2.12.
> Also in a somewhat patched HEAD with the same configuration.
>
> Hm, the crashes happen for extended operations.  So far
> 6 times "Passwd ExOp failed (1)!", once "WhoAmI failed (49)!".
>   
I couldn't reproduce this issue with HEAD; do you confirm it's a re24 only?

p.



Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
---------------------------------------
Office:  +39 02 23998309
Mobile:  +39 333 4963172
Email:   pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it
---------------------------------------




Followup 4

Download message
From: Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 22:38:02 +0200
To: pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it
Cc: openldap-its@openldap.org
Subject: Re: (ITS#5533) test035-meta crashes --without-threads
pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it writes:
> I couldn't reproduce this issue with HEAD; do you confirm it's a re24 only?

Still happens in HEAD as well as RE24.  Not RE23 though.

-- 
Hallvard



Followup 5

Download message
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 22:40:04 +0200
From: Pierangelo Masarati <pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it>
To: Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no>
CC: openldap-its@openldap.org
Subject: Re: (ITS#5533) test035-meta crashes --without-threads
Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
> pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it writes:
>   
>> I couldn't reproduce this issue with HEAD; do you confirm it's a re24
only?
>>     
>
> Still happens in HEAD as well as RE24.  Not RE23 though.
>   
Odd.  I've been running test035 in HEAD for >100 times after rebuilding 
--without-threads with no failure.  Anything I might be missing?

p.



Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
---------------------------------------
Office:  +39 02 23998309
Mobile:  +39 333 4963172
Email:   pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it
---------------------------------------



Up to top level
Build   Contrib   Development   Documentation   Historical   Incoming   Software Bugs   Software Enhancements   Web  

Logged in as guest


The OpenLDAP Issue Tracking System uses a hacked version of JitterBug

______________
© Copyright 2013, OpenLDAP Foundation, info@OpenLDAP.org