OpenLDAP
Up to top level
Build   Contrib   Development   Documentation   Historical   Incoming   Software Bugs   Software Enhancements   Web  

Logged in as guest

Viewing Incoming/7475
Full headers

From: tedcheng@symas.com
Subject: documenting that dynamic lists/groups overlays are mutually exclusive with the memberof overlay
Compose comment
Download message
State:
0 replies:
2 followups: 1 2

Major security issue: yes  no

Notes:

Notification:


Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 22:24:20 +0000
From: tedcheng@symas.com
To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: documenting that dynamic lists/groups overlays are mutually exclusive with the memberof overlay
Full_Name: Ted C. Cheng
Version: trunk
OS: Linux
URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
Submission from: (NULL) (76.174.253.197)


Document enhancement request:

Dynamic lists/groups do not involve group entry modification. As a result, they
cannot be used with the memberof overlay.

It would be great to document explicitly, man pages and admin guide, that
dynamic lists/groups overlays and memberof overlay are mutually exclusive.





Followup 1

Download message
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:40:40 +0000
From: Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com>
To: tedcheng@symas.com, openldap-its@openldap.org
Subject: Re: (ITS#7475) documenting that dynamic lists/groups overlays are
 mutually exclusive with the memberof overlay
tedcheng@symas.com wrote:
> Full_Name: Ted C. Cheng
> Version: trunk
> OS: Linux
> URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
> Submission from: (NULL) (76.174.253.197)
>
>
> Document enhancement request:
>
> Dynamic lists/groups do not involve group entry modification. As a result,
they
> cannot be used with the memberof overlay.
>
> It would be great to document explicitly, man pages and admin guide, that
> dynamic lists/groups overlays and memberof overlay are mutually exclusive.

If you have suggested text, please submit the patch here.

-- 
   -- Howard Chu
   CTO, Symas Corp.           http://www.symas.com
   Director, Highland Sun     http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
   Chief Architect, OpenLDAP  http://www.openldap.org/project/



Followup 2

Download message
Subject: Re: (ITS#7475) documenting that dynamic lists/groups overlays are mutually exclusive with the memberof overlay
From: Ted Cheng <tedcheng@symas.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:15:49 -0800
Cc: openldap-its@openldap.org
To: Howard Chu <HYC@symas.com>
On Jan 22, 2013, at 4:40 AM, Howard Chu wrote:

> tedcheng@symas.com wrote:
>> Full_Name: Ted C. Cheng
>> Version: trunk
>> OS: Linux
>> URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
>> Submission from: (NULL) (76.174.253.197)
>> 
>> 
>> Document enhancement request:
>> 
>> Dynamic lists/groups do not involve group entry modification. As a
result, they
>> cannot be used with the memberof overlay.

Would the above text, in one single paragraph, be good enough for the
documentation? 

>> 
>> It would be great to document explicitly, man pages and admin guide,
that
>> dynamic lists/groups overlays and memberof overlay are mutually
exclusive.
> 
> If you have suggested text, please submit the patch here.
> 


Ted C. Cheng
Symas Corporation 


Up to top level
Build   Contrib   Development   Documentation   Historical   Incoming   Software Bugs   Software Enhancements   Web  

Logged in as guest


The OpenLDAP Issue Tracking System uses a hacked version of JitterBug

______________
© Copyright 2013, OpenLDAP Foundation, info@OpenLDAP.org