RE: ldapadd "ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)"

--On Friday, August 30, 2013 7:15 PM +0000 Clint Petty <cpetty@luthresearch.com> wrote:

--On Friday, August 30, 2013 6:54 PM +0000 Clint Petty
<cpetty@luthresearch.com> wrote:

> My LDIF file looks like this:

This is a slapd.conf file, not an LDIF file generated by slapcat.
Please  go examine the contents of the LDIF file generated by slapcat.

--Quanah

When I run slapcat I get the following message because I renamed
/usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf to
/usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf.example, like you suggested,
because I am using cn=config:

Hi Clint,

Why did you do this? Do you understand how slapcat even works? Slapcat exports your existing database into LDIF format. That file you are exporting *clearly* has a reference to the entry slapadd is complaining about. You need to examine the LDIF file that is being generated by slapcat. You need to stop mucking with slapd.conf files, and stop emailing slapd.conf files, and look at what I asked you to look at. I.e., you need to look at /tmp/ldif that you generated via slapcat.

Lead Engineer
Zimbra, Inc