Re: Antw: Re: Object not found

From:	Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>
To:	espeake@oreillyauto.com
Cc:	Ulrich Windl <Ulrich.Windl@rz.uni-regensburg.de>,
            openldap-technical@openldap.org
Date:	08/29/2013 06:25 PM
Subject:	Re: Antw: Re: Object not found
Sent by:	openldap-technical-bounces@OpenLDAP.org

--On Thursday, August 29, 2013 2:30 PM -0500 espeake@oreillyauto.com wrote:

> Quanah,
>
> I have retyped the password a couple of times to be sure I didn't
> fat-finger the password.   I have a 3 node n-way multimaster cluster that
> working with replication on all changes with no issues other than the
> authentication.  I changed the password for the user on one server and
> checked the other two making sure the password hash replicated to the
> other servers and it did with no problems.  I tried the ldapsearch with
> two system users that will be used against the ldap server with the same
> result for both.  The only user that will authenticate is the DB rootDN
> user.  And of course that password is stored in the config.
>
> Any ideas on what I can check on next.  I tried changing the logging to
-1
> to get everything, but I just wasn't seeing anything that looked helpful.

So, as someone else noted, if your previous OpenLDAP version used a {crypt}

type hash, the newer build of OpenLDAP may not support {crypt} type
passwords.  So, my suggestion was you modify the password of the user who
can't bind.  You can do this using the rootdn and the ldappasswd utility.

Lead Engineer
Zimbra, Inc
--------------------

Quanah,

I tried this morning to change the password:

ldappasswd -s <password> -Wx -D "uid=admin,dc=<domain>,dc=com"
"uid=readOnlyUser,ou=system,dc=<domain>,dc=com"

I confirmed that the hashed password changed.  I still get invalid
credentials.  I am betting that there is some little simple thing that is
holding this up.

Thanks,
Eric
--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content,
and is believed to be clean.

This communication and any attachments are confidential, protected by Communications Privacy Act 18 USCS § 2510, solely for the use of the intended recipient, and may contain legally privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, please return or destroy it immediately. Thank you.