Re: OpenLDAP Samba4

Hello Michael,

thank you for your email
I just want it to work It doesnt really matter how I use Samba.. Can you tell me if I need to implement the samba scheme ??

Cheers,

- Pascal

On 08/28/2013 08:46 PM, Michael Ströder wrote:
Pascal den Bekker wrote:
I want to use openldap as a backend for Samba4. I set up the openldap with a
different port, because samba4 has an own "ldap" server running on port 389.
Make sure you fully understand what you want and what is possible.

If you want to run Samba4 as a WinNT-compatible DC you can use OpenLDAP as
backend (ldapsam) just like with Samba3.

If you want to run Samba as a full-fledged AD-compatible DC you have to use
Samba4's internal LDAP server.

Further reading:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/FAQ#LDAP_backend

Ciao, Michael.

--
Pascal den Bekker

Linux System Administrator

Affinitas GmbH | Kohlfurter Straße 41/43 | 10999 Berlin | Germany
email: pascal_den.bekker@affinitas.de | tel: +49 30 868 000 140
www.edarling.de | www.shopaman.de

Geschäftsführer: Lukas Brosseder, David Khalil, Michael Schrezenmaier

Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 115958