Re: DB config and log files

--On Monday, August 12, 2013 4:49 PM +0000 jeevan kc <jeev_biz@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello there
My DB_CONFIG looks like this

set_cachesize 0 716800 0
set_lg_bsize 2097512
set_lg_dir /usr/local/var/openldap-logs
set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

Recently , we have few batch processes running in the LDAP server for
Datawarehouse groups and other apps and this is causing  DB logs to grow
. When I do a ls -l the size of the logs are almost 4GB in size. This is
causing trouble and we don't want this many logs. How do I limit the log
size so that it doesn't exceed lets say 1 GB .
These DB logs are of very little importance to us. We periodically do a
backup using slapcat and we can use this in case we have a fatal crash .
Please throw some light on how to limit these DB logs . Thanks
Jeevan

OpenLDAP version? BDB version?  Do you have a BDB checkpoint setting?

Lead Engineer
Zimbra, Inc