Re: Antw: Re: contextCSN values and MMR

Hi,

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013, Ulrich Windl wrote:
<snipp/>
I have always suspected that this is due to the specific setting of:

        syncprov-checkpoint <ops> <minutes>
               After a write operation has succeeded, write the contextCSN
to the underlying database  if  <ops>  write
               operations  or more than <minutes> time have passed since the

last checkpoint. Checkpointing is disabled
               by default.

Not sure though.

Hi,

do you "query" by slapcat or by an LDAP search? For the former it's documented
that contextCSN is updated lazily. For the latter I'm not sure.

I have had the same use case Michael is getting at in the back of me
head for some time.  I would also like to verify replication status by
checking the contextCSN on all servers via an ldapsearch from a
monitoring script.

I would expect an ldapsearch of the contextCSN to deliver a current
and valid value that should be identical over all servers.

It seems this is not the case.  I will run a couple of tests to verify
this myself in my testbed of 2 mmr masters and 2 slaves.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck@cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2