Re: Antw: Linux quota problem for LDAP users

Hi Ulrich,

I knew we can not create numbered users in UNIX but ldap does, and also repquota can see these users. So there must have been a workaround for this, I was asking for that. Then I solved the problem via "quotatool", it set quotas for appropriate users.

Thanks!
Osman Ãnalan

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set quotas for LDAP users on a Linux server. But all the
> users' name begins with number and when I try to set quota for a user like
> "123456" it sets a quota for "#123456"

There is a reason why user _names_ in UNIX don't start with a digit, just as
variable names don't start with a digit. How should a program like chown know
you use a UID or a user name?

Regards,
Ulrich