Re: Unique overlay not working, where is the misconfiguration ? [Debian 7 - 2.4.31]

Le 31/07/2013 09:48, Michael Ströder a écrit :
Philippe MARASSE wrote:
Le 30/07/2013 18:55, Michael Ströder a écrit :
Which client?
jxplorer
Which options?
A good question indeed ! I'm using jxplorer from stock install without
customization.
AFAICS in the source the bypass message is only written to log in case of
ManageDSAIT control being used during ldapadd/ldapmodify. You should really
understand what's the effect of LDAPv3 extended controls before using them.
Hmmm, interesting, if ManageDSAIT option is used, I'm not yet aware of that.
I'll track jxplorer behavior today.
I vaguely remember JNDI using the ManageDSAIT control by default.
It seems to be true... I've watched modify queries done by jxplorer : all of these have ManageDSAIT control enabled. After a little googling, it seems that the ManageDSAIT control is related to how JNDI is told to handle referrals. with Ldap browser, another java tool, ManageDSAIT is not enabled by default.

May should I test with another ldap tool ?
When reporting something here which you suspect to be a bug please try to
reproduce it with OpenLDAP's command-line tools (ldapadd, ldapmodify, etc.).
I took some time to write LDIF : with ldapadd/ldapmodify, I do have as expected : Constraint violation (19), additional info: some attributes not unique, great :-).

Interactive UI tools are mainly a matter of taste.
Being the author of web2ldap I'm biased anyway.

Thank you.

Rgds.

--
Philippe MARASSE

Service Informatique - Centre Hospitalier Henri Laborit
CS 10587 - 370 avenue Jacques Coeur
86021 Poitiers Cedex
Tel : 05.49.44.57.19