Re: ldap_bind() extended response for password policy

Andrius Kulbis wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to pull the password policy response message from ldap_bind()
method.

While checking the packet content from OpenLDAP after ldap_bind()
request, with Wireshark, there is a control hooked to the ldap_bind()
response, were the message code and message text about password
expiration is, but I can't manage to parse that message from response.

AFAIK, the OpenLDAP C API ldap_get_option() method doesn't have
LDAP_OPT_SERVER_CONTRLOLS case implementation, and I can't get the
PASSWORDPOLICYRESPONSE, although I have set the PASSWORDPOLICYREQUEST
before the bind.

Use ldap_parse_result().

--
  -- Howard Chu