Re: root cannot change user password with command "passwd", sssd, pam, openldap

Root has to use ldappasswd to change users' passwords.

On 20/07/2013 14:59, Augustin Wolf wrote:
> Hi list,
> I'm using CentOs 6.4, and moved user management to OpenLDAP. As far as
> it works fine for user - user can login, do `passwd` to change his
> password, etc. - it fails for root to change users passwords. Root
> have to use ldapmodify. Is
> it normal behavior, or do I have some configuration errors?
>
> For now, LDAP ACL was "turned off" - every user has manage permission.
> I know it's a security issue, but I wanted to remove potential
> interference. I will change this as soon as root can change users
> password.
> SELlinux was also turned off to eliminate it's potential interference.
> Iptables was "turned off", as well, though I thing it doesn't matter
> as long as port 389 is open.
>
> My configs, logs, etc are in here: http://fpaste.org/26708/
> Thanks in advance,
> Augustyn

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer@fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.