Re: delete members in big groups with back_mdb

Marco Schirrmeister wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem with mdb and modify operations on very large groups. Specifically deleting members from those groups.
Removing 10 members from a group with 25000 members takes 23 seconds. Which also means, all other clients that want to do something hang.
Deleting a user from multiple big groups takes minutes before it finishes.
Adding members to a large group is quick though.

When this delete is running, the cpu goes also up to 100%.

It looks like it has to do with the index that I have on uniqueMember.
If I remove the index on uniqueMember, the delete of members in big groups is fast.

System details are
CentOS 6 64bit
OpenLDAP 2.4.35
slapd.conf below

Is this something normal/exptected or is it maybe a bug?

Read slapd.conf(5) manpage, sortvals keyword.

--
  -- Howard Chu