caseIgnoreMatch for Country String

Hello gurus,

When I have this piece of schema included in my slapd.conf file…

attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.11.11.1.1.1.1.402

NAME ( 'TestCountryString' 'TestCountryStringSyn' )

DESC 'Test Country String'

EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch

ORDERING caseIgnoreOrderingMatch

SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch

SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.11

SINGLE-VALUE  )

… my 2.4.32 slapd –Tt complains with this error:

line 8 attributetype: AttributeType inappropriate matching rule: "caseIgnoreMatch".

My understanding of http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4517 is that caseIgnoreMatch is valid for country string:

"The caseIgnoreMatch rule compares an assertion value of the Directory

String syntax to an attribute value of a syntax (e.g., the Directory

String, Printable String, Country String, or Telephone Number syntax)

whose corresponding ASN.1 type is DirectoryString or one of its

alternative string types.

"

Could you confirm whether this is a bug in openldap or simply a misunderstanding from me ?

Thanks in advance

++Cyrille