Re: rootdn password change

On 06/26/13 10:24 -0400, Darouichi, Aziz wrote:
I  compiled Openldap-2.4.35 with TLS/SSL support and have not configured
certs yet. But I am trying to change/encrypt  rootdn password using the
following /opt/local/bin/ldappasswd -h {SSHA}    and I am getting
ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP server (-1).

I checked host file and server DNS name has been added....!!!!

rootdn is a configuration option, and is not set with ldappasswd (which
modifies userPassword entries typically).

Reference the man page for slapd-config for the appropriate configuration
details. And use:

slapcat -n 0

to view your existing configuration. Use ldapmodify to change it.

If you're starting from scratch with your config, you may find it easier to
start with an older slapd.conf style config (slapd.conf(5)), including your
desired rootdn and rootpw, and then convert it to slapd-config. See the
manpage for slapd.

--
Dan White