Re: password policy error: Password policy only allows one password value

Hi,

think I found the reason why changing the password didn't work and I think
it's a bug.

If the password policy overlay is used slapd needs to be restarted every time
the olcPasswordHash parameter changes.

For example change the olcPasswordHash from {SHA} to {SSHA}. Changing the
password via ldappasswd now causes the error mentioned below. Just restart
slapd and the password can be changed again by ldappasswd.

Change the olcPasswordHash back from {SSHA} to {SHA} ldappasswd can't change
the password until slapd is restarted once more.

Changing the olcPasswordHash and immediately changing it back without a
restart doesn't work either.

Regards
Joke