Re: LMDB: MDB_MAP_FULL doesn't allow deletions

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:
Thanks Howard,

OK, so I tried this again with a slightly more modest toy database (after reading the presentation, thanks), 1MB (256 pages). Blasting a bunch of records into it at once (with a transaction grain of 100 records) I am getting MDB_MAP_FULL with 1 branch, 115 leaf and 0 overflow nodes. So I suppose that I can use 1/3 of the database size (85 leaf pages in this example) as a rough guideline as to when I should prune. My real database are between 4 and 128MB, 32MB being typical and my real transactions are generally a bit smaller.

Does that seem reasonable to you, or do I need to be working on a different scale entirely?

I doubt that the cutover point will scale as linearly as that, you should just experiment further with your real data.

Jeremy