Re: Substring Indexes on userPassword Attribute

> This actually goes right back to X.500(1988). The schema says that
> you can do exact matches but no other sort.

Again, I'm fine with strict interpretations of the RFCs being applied
*by default* but there should be some way for me to override those
interpretations.

Why are these parts of the LDAP schema hard-coded?  Is there no way to
specify the entire schema in a configurable format so that I could
change this behavior for just my installation if I deem it
appropriate?

--

Tim Gustafson
tjg@ucsc.edu