Re: use ldif backup with operational attributes in conjunction with slapadd?

--On Friday, May 31, 2013 12:56 AM +0200 Hallvard Breien Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no> wrote:

On 2013-05-30 20:08, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
<meike.stone@googlemail.com> wrote:

I want to preserve the operational attributes from the ldapsearch
ldif
(created with '+' '*').
But I saw, that a ldapsearch ldif with operational attributes has a
more operational attributes than from the slapcat ldif.

An ldapsearch generated and slapcat generated LDIF of the same db
will be identical for *,+ for ldapsearch.  So your statement doesn't
really make much sense.

Sure it does. slapcat gives the raw data in LDIF format. ldapsearch
runs it through overlays. It can generate dynamic attrs, rewrite,
and reorder data. LDAP mostly leaves ordering unspecified.

Ah good point... I don't use such overlays. ;)

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.