Re: Problems with SSH to Openldap server

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Dan White <dwhite@olp.net> wrote:
On 05/14/13 11:19 +0100, Stuart Watson wrote:
Hi

I have created an ec2 instance and have installed openldap and setup
openldap to use OpenSSH.  However I cannot ssh from a remote pc, to the
openldap server, I just get invalid user, although the username is the
same
that I have specified in openldap.

Assuming this is a Linux system, use the following to trouble shoot:

getent passwd <user> (verifies your nss ldap plugin)
pamtester (verifies your pam module)
ldapsearch (basic data verification)