Re: Unable to login applications using LDAP alias

Geo P.C. wrote:
We have several applications and we are able to integrate LDAP
successfully.

In application we have given base dn asou=People,dc=geo,dc=com and the
userdn:uid=geo_pc,ou=People,dc=geo,dc=com can able to login to the application
successfully.

Now we created an alias as follows: >

dn: uid=geo_pc,ou=Applications,ou=Groups,dc=geo,dc=com
aliasedobjectname: uid=geo_pc,ou=People,dc=geo,dc=com
objectclass: alias
objectclass: extensibleObject
objectclass: top
uid: geo_pc

Now in application we have given base dn
asou=Applications,ou=Groups,dc=geo,dc=com but with this
userou=Applications,ou=Groups,dc=geo,dc=com we are unable to login to the
application.

Correct. Aliases are only processed in search operations. What you're trying to do will not work.

Please let us know is there any additional configuration we need to done. Can anyone please help us on it.

Thanks
Geo

--
  -- Howard Chu