Re: Questions about multiple identical values in a field

2013/5/3 Nicolas Mora <nicolas@babelouest.org>:
> Thank for your answers,
>
> Given the context, I would go for the postaladdress field if the entries are
> in RW mode, but if I can't have empty fields, is there a non ambiguous way
> to determine the different parts of the field when I use $ as a separator.

No.
In the format described below, I understand that field elements are
position related (i.e. the first field is always the "post office
box", the second is always the "extended address", etc).
Since a dstring (element stored in an LDAP postalAddress) can't be
empty, then you can't reproduce the same mechanism.
In other words, you can have ";;" in your VCard address, you can't
have "$$" in an LDAP postalAddress, so you will necessarily lose
information in your transformation.