Re: Reduce the influence of ldap server trouble

On 26/4/2013 12:50 ÎÎ, Yuki Takase wrote:

When I can't use a ldap server because of hardware or network trouble, I want to reduce the influence of ldap client.
I changed the following configration of ldap.conf.

You can setup your software to try a number of ldap servers in turn (I guess it is possible). These servers will be in sync using syncrepl and will be located on different networks so that they don't "fail" concurrently.

You can also setup a local (i.e. on the same machine with your app) ldap server (also synced using syncrepl) and configure your app to work with that. Thus your queries will be very fast and you will not be dependent on any other-ldap-server transient connectivity issues. This is what we are doing on our mission-critical apps (including mail server).

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Nick