Re: OpenLDAP 2.4.35 available

On 04/23/2013 01:57 PM, Olivier wrote:
[sbip]
Using ltb pakages I would use :

BerkeleyDB 4.6.21-1
openldap 2.4.35

(suspecting that there is no other requirements) that would be much
more "up to date".

On the other hand, I would loose RedHat support in case of trouble.

Any advice ?

I use CentOS 6.4 with OpenLDAP 2.4.35 (not LTB) with LMDB so the BerkeleyDB requirements do not apply. It works great for me. Judging from various comments about older OpenLDAP versions it seems you could run into bugs with that older OpenLDAP version that comes with RHEL6.4. So if you use the latest and greatest OpenLDAP (with LMDB) then those bugs are fixed. Instead of replacing the RHEL OpenLDAP perhaps you could install the latest OpenLDAP in a separate location which does not interfere with the RHEL OpenLDAP.

Regards,
Patrick