RE: How to improve performance with MDB backend?

> On 19/4/2013 2:00 μμ, Chris Card wrote:
>
> > I tried reducing the maxsize, but it made no difference to the performance.
> > So I'm still at the point where writes to BDB are roughly 4 times faster than writes to MDB.
> > Any more suggestions?
>
> Could it be possibly related to the OS / filesystem used? Please provide
> details. System IO load?
>
> Is OpenLDAP compiled by you or you are using a standard package? Which?
>
> (I am not an expert on this, just trying to possibly consider other
> factors.)
The MDB and BDB tests are done on the same machine, and the same data, the only difference is the openldap configuration.
The MDB and BDB files are on the same filesystem (xfs).
OpenLDAP is built into an rpm for CentOS 6.3 on our build system from the latest 2.4.35 source downloaded from openldap.org, using a
spec file based on the one from the LTB project.

Chris