database meta and overlay memberof

hi,

I have a meta directory with two uri (one is openldap directory, used by
Linux, and the other is "Mac OS X directory"). This meta-directory is
used for authentication and it works.

I try to use the "memberof" overlay in the meta directory to build some
groupOfNames... but it doesn't work: the memberOf attribute is not
updated.

More precisely the groupOfNames is created in the Linux directory
(through the meta directory) and then I add members. If the members are
dn in this directory: it works (memberOf attribute is updated). But if
the members are in the Mac OS X it doesn't work (memberOf attribute is
not updated).

questions: Is it possible to get the groupOfNames/memberof to work ?
           If yes, how ?

an extract of my slapd.conf:
--------------------
database        meta
overlay         memberof
suffix          "dc=laplace,dc=meta"

#
# Mac OS X
#
uri             "ldap://192.168.0.1/dc=macosx,dc=labo,dc=meta";
suffixmassage   "dc=macosx,dc=labo,dc=meta" "dc=here,dc=gg"

#
# Linux
#
uri             "ldap://192.168.0.2/dc=linux,dc=labo,dc=meta";
suffixmassage   "dc=linux,dc=labo,dc=meta" "dc=xxx,dc=yy,dc=gg"

Under Linux, I use openldap 2.4.23 (debian squeeze) and 2.4.11 (debian lenny).

thank you.
--
David Bonnafous, ingÃnieur CNRS
Service Informatique