RE: How to improve performance with MDB backend?

--On Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:29 PM +0000 Chris Card <ctcard@hotmail.com> wrote:

Did you make the changes to the DB flags for MDB that I noted the other
day? For me, MDB writes are a minimum of 65 times faster than writes with
BDB/HDB, even when BDB/HDB use an SHM key.
Yes. I have these values in my mdb configuration:
olcDbEnvFlags: writemap
olcDbEnvFlags: nometasync

I think these setting may have helped to speed up slapadd, but not
ldapmodify.

I'm specifically talking about ldapmodify actually. ;)

<http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/OpenLDAP_MDB_vs_HDB_performance>

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.