Re: I can't delete a shell DB

--On Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:18 AM -0300 Diego Woitasen <diego@woitasen.com.ar> wrote:

I know that I could remove it from the filesystem, but I wouldn't.

You can use slapcat -n 0 to export your cn=config database to LDIF. Modify the LDIF for cn=config to no longer reference back-shell, and then reload your cn=config DB using slapadd -n 0.

Personally I'd like to see some sort of offline mode for slapd that allows you to purely edit cn=config over ldapi:/// where slapd only accepts connections from the rootdn, and will only respond to queries against the cn=config DIT.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.