Re: I can't delete a shell DB

Diego Woitasen wrote:
On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:
Diego Woitasen wrote:
  I was using shell backend and now switched to sock backend (shell
looks unstable). My problem not is that I can't delete the shell DB.

This is the entry in cn=config:

dn: olcDatabase={3}shell,cn=config
objectClass: olcShellConfig
objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
olcDatabase: {3}shell

When I try to remove it I get Error 53 - Unwilling to perform.

Looks like there is a dependency with this entry, but I don't see
where. Is the last one, i removed the suffix.... hints?

And don't see anything usefull in the logs.

back-config does not support delete operation by default.

You can enable delete support by compiling with
CFLAGS=".. -DSLAP_CONFIG_DELETE"

Not sure whether that's officially supported/recommended by OpenLDAP
developers though.

Ciao, Michael.

No way to remove configuration??? Sounds really weird :P

From a philosophical standpoint - production configurations generally only grow. If you're mucking around and experimenting, you do that on a throw-away development system.

From a practical standpoint - behavior of the service when clients are making requests to a backend that gets removed is totally undefined.

--
  -- Howard Chu