Augmented data in a proxy?

Hello,

Actually working on a Samba 3.x integration on an Apple OpenDirectory, I’m wondering one thing.

Is it possible to use proxy feature of LDAP to augment existing data ? For example, I would like to extend the Apple LDAP schema by adding the Samba support but I don’t want to store this additional data in the main store.

If it’s possible, I would like to use a dedicated LDAP server configured to use my original LDAP server as backend and who can be allowed to store locally extra data from specific schema.

Do you know a way to do that?

Best regards,
Yoann