Re: Remote access to the directory schema

Howard,

>> | ldapsearch -x -h ldap.example.com -b dc=example,dc=com -E subentries=true cn=Subschema
>>
>> I get no results. How should this work?
>
> Read the ldapsearch(1) manpage and fix your search request.

I read it again, and found no clues that could help.  What is so obvious that am I missing it?

Note that I tried alternate forms that might work -- like cn=Subschema,dc=example,dc=com -- remotely as well as locally through ldapi / external.
Nothing brings out the schema.

>> Do schema entries have to be
> explicitly enabled in the ACL as though they were normal entries, or is the
> schema always visible?
>
> Everything *may* be hidden by ACLs, but whether that's true in your case depends on your server config.

OK, so I may be doing things wrong on both ends.  It'd be really helpful to know what the correct query format is so I can fix any ACL issues.

Thanks,
 -Rick