Re: Returning objects on exact DN match

Hello,

Everything is now resolved, I am documenting it for future reference by others:

>> I am trying to publish information only when the exact DN is used, as a measure against iteration of accounts.
>
> I discovered that setting up search indexes for only "eq" on attribute "uid" does just that -- but it feels a bit like a coincidence, or something that future OpenLDAP revisions could alter.

A subtree would still display the "uid" objects that I prefer to conceal.  This could be resolved by adding a "filter=(!(objectClass=uidObject))" or similar expression.

> I get reports "bdb_substring_candidates: not indexed" errors.  Is this a feature, or a (coincidental/temporary) bug?

The filter does not rely on this anymore.  Happy :)

-Rick