Re: unique olcOverlay: pb in configuration

--On Monday, March 25, 2013 3:11 PM +0100 Alessandro Dentella <sandro@e-den.it> wrote:

Hi,

I have been struggling to understand how to configure unique overlay and I
can't understand the error message I receive.

Adding the overlay
==================

And I'm trying to add Unique Overlay as::

  dn: olcOverlay={0}unique,olcDatabase={1}hdb
  changetype: add
  objectClass: olcOverlayConfig
  objectClass: olcUniqueConfig
  olcOverlay: {0}unique
  olcUniqueURI: ldap:///?mail?sub

that fails with error::

  test-acomea:~# ldapmodify  -D cn=admin,cn=config  -w isi -f
,ldapvi-test-acomea-3996.ldif   adding new entry
"olcOverlay={0}unique,olcDatabase={1}hdb"
  ldap_add: Invalid syntax (21)
	  additional info: objectClass: value #1 invalid per syntax

I can't really understand which is the  syntax error, my setup is below.

Dscription of setup
===================

I have a database to which I need to add unique constraint to the 'mail'
field. I loaded uniqu module in cn-config::

   cn=module{0},cn=config
   objectClass: olcModuleList
   cn: module{0}
   olcModulePath: /usr/lib/ldap
   olcModuleLoad: {0}back_hdb
   olcModuleLoad: {1}unique

Do you actually have a unique.la file for loading in /usr/lib/ldap? I.e., did your build enable it?

Here's how I added slapo-unique (via perl):

<https://github.com/Zimbra-Community/zimbra-sources/blob/master/main/ZimbraServer/src/ldap/migration/migrate20110721-AddUnique.pl>

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.