Re: LMDB - growing the database

On Mar 16, 2013, at 15.34, Shmulik Regev <shmulbox@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I understand that the DB size has an upper limit set by the call to mdb_env_set_mapsize . I wonder what is the best strategy for growing the size.

i'm not sure i'd ever consider attempting to constantly adjust a max size setting ahead of growth of the database to make much sense.  that isn't what that setting is for.  that setting is a "security" setting.  a limit to protect the environment [e.g. the os], not something you should pick a value for based on your best attempt at guessing how large the db might get.

-ben