Re: Adding samba schema to OpenLDAP2.4

On 3/14/2013 5:50 AM, Howard Chu wrote:
Wes Modes wrote:
Previously, I was running 2.3 and then 2.4 using all the 2.3 config files.

I am building a new 2.4 server the right way using OpenLDAP native
database and config schema.

As I migrate the functionality of the old server to the new one, I will
have various questions.

Today's question:  How do I import the samba (3.6.9) schema (previously
in an include schema file) to the new 2.4 server?

Why would you need to do this as an explicit step? When you convert slapd.conf to a database, everything included in the config is converted at the same time.

Rather than convert the entire database, I was bringing over stuff more piecemeal in an effort to clean up some of my fumbling attempts several years ago to set up the ldap and the samba servers.

The samba schema in my 2.3 configuration is not in ldif format. It is in /etc/openldap/schemas and is included by the ldap.conf file.

I was surprised that I was unable to google explicit instructions on adding a samba schema to 2.4. Has anyone done this, and can you point me to the proper docs?

W.