Re: getent passwd inconsistent loginShell with ldapsearch

On 03/12/13 10:19 -0400, Rodney Simioni wrote:
I removed ldap from nsswitch.conf. I restarted slapd and sssd.

There is still inconsistencies between getent and ldapsearch:

[root@rodster sssd]# getent passwd meathead08
meathead08:*:343108:343108:Johnny Appleseed:/home/meathead08:/bin/noshell

ldapsearch -w xxxx -D "cn=manager,dc=wh,dc=local"
homeDirectory: /home/meathead08
loginShell: /bin/bash

/etc/nsswitch.conf has:

passwd:      files sss ldap
shadow:     files sss ldap

Your problem does not appear to be openldap related.

Try alternatively removing 'files' and 'sss' from your nsswitch.conf file,
and then running getent again.  If the problem persists in both scenarios,
then you've got a caching issue. If the problem exists in only one of the
cases, then you know who to blame.

--
Dan White