shadowLastChange missing after update

Hi there,Â

I recently changed from the slapd.conf configuration to the slapd.d configuration. Everything seemed to go reasonably well, but for some reason the shadowLastChange attribute was missing from all of the people. When I try to add it back in, I get:Â

ldap_add: Object class violation (65) additional info: no objectClass attribute

but, I seem to have the schema and objectClasses for ShadowLastChange:

annette:~# ldapsearch -LLLQY EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -b cn=schema,cn=config "(objectClass=olcSchemaConfig)" dn
dn: cn=schema,cn=config

dn: cn={0}core,cn=schema,cn=config

dn: cn={1}cosine,cn=schema,cn=config

dn: cn={2}nis,cn=schema,cn=config

dn: cn={3}inetorgperson,cn=schema,cn=config

dn: cn={4}misc,cn=schema,cn=config

maria@mimi:~/sysadmin$ ldapsearch -xLLL "uid=jd"
dn: uid=jd,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: inetLocalMailRecipient
cn: Jochen Ditterich
shadowMax: 365
gidNumber: 100
uid: jd
homeDirectory: /home/jd
mailRoutingAddress: jd@example.com
uidNumber: 1025
sn: Ditterich
shadowWarning: 7
mailLocalAddress: jd
mail: jd@example.com
loginShell: /bin/bash

Anyone have any idea what might be going on? What am I missing?

thanks,
maria