Re: ssh with ldap authentication

On 06/03/13 01:29, Joe Phan wrote:
Hi Tim/Rodney,

I have a question related to Rodney's question.  Hope that you or
someone can help, it is greatly appreciated.
I tried to configure PAM for rlogin from Client machine which I expect
to authenticate user credential on the LDAP Server.  It always fails.
I haven't configured security for SASL/TLS between Client/Server LDAP.
Do I need to configure SASL/TLS in order for PAM to work?

Hi,

In short, no - unless you have configured the server to *require* TLS.
PAM makes no special requirements except what you configure in /etc/pam.d/ and pam_ldap.conf (or equiv).

The rest of your message will take some thinking - I'll try to have a look later - but I'm not familiar with rlogin.

Cheers

Tim

--
Tim Watts