Re: internal_modify in overlays

Tim Watts wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know of a bit of code I can look at that does an *internal*
(completed inline) LDAP_MOD_REPLACE operation on one attribute without
chaining (ie it does a return 0)?

I've found Sun docs for doing this in a slapi plugin but not an openldap
slapd plugin.

Reason:

Basically, I've been hacking on smbkrb5pwd.c and discovered if I do a
"return 0;" at the end, I can prevent chaining (not documented but found
some openldap hacking - denyop.c - that demonstrated this).

Documented. slapd/overlays/slapover.txt.

You should not be attempting to write code here without having actually read what's in front of you. If your first instinct is *not* naturally to read the source tree, your programming habits need sharpening.

--
  -- Howard Chu