Re: openLDAP is not working with MySQL cluster

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:48 AM +0530 SHEKHAR PODICHETI
<shekhar439@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I tried connecting openLDAP server with MySQL cluster through NDB APIs.
I made configuration changes in slapd.conf so that it connect to NDB.

However it is throwing Unrecongnized NDB.

I request tou to help me. It will be great if u share me sample
slapd.conf file that has the NDB configuration.

Did you configure with --enable-ndb?  I would note NDB support was never
finished.

Nor is it likely to ever be. The partnership with MySQL (under which this
backend was written) was terminated when Oracle acquired them and Oracle has
ignored all our inquiries on the subject.

Speaking officially for the OpenLDAP Project, at this time, the MySQL Cluster
support in OpenLDAP should be considered totally abandoned due to Oracle's
complete lack of cooperation.

(Of course, the source code is still there if any interested hackers are
looking for a project to adopt.)

On a related note, the Project will also be dropping support for BerkeleyDB since OpenLDAP's Lightning MDB has proven to be superior.

--
  -- Howard Chu