Re: does openldap/hdb support transactions ?

Nick Milas wrote:
> On 17/2/2013 12:27 ÎÎ, Benin Technologies wrote:
>
>> does OpenLDAP support transactions ?
>
> No, it does not. I see this is scheduled for v2.5 (see:
> http://www.openldap.org/software/roadmap.html) and it is unknown when v2.5
> will be published.
>
> I don't even know if there is already any work in progress for v2.5. Nothing
> shows up in the source tree
> (http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap.git;a=summary)

Single LDAP write operations are atomic and AFAIK slapd-hdb and slapd-bdb
internally use BDB transaction for ensuring that.

Transaction support for more than one LDAP write operation (see RFC 5805) is
not implemented in OpenLDAP yet as the roadmap states. Also the LDAP clients
you're using would have to support that.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5805

Personally I don't know of any mature implementation of RFC 5805. But I might
be wrong.

Ciao, Michael.