Re: Mirror mode difference from N-Way Multi-Master

In other words, if N-Way supports two masters writing while MM does not,
how can it not have a different configuration?

It has nothing to do with configuration of MMR, which I think is the point
you're missing.  It has purely to do with configuring it so only one master
ever takes writes at a given time.  With writes only ever going to one
master, you have a 100% guarantee you'll never get a conflict between two
masters.  Which you essentially get with delta-syncrepl MMR anyway.

Exactly, I definitely missed that. The Admin Guide alludes to these being distinct configurations by the way they're bulleted out but the difference is actually in the architecture outside of OpenLDAP. Thanks for that clarification.

What I've designed is a two-node cluster each running a proxy that talks to the local backend over IPC and fails over to the other node over TCP if via the meta backend. This becomes Nway because clients are being distributed via DNS. (The proxies fail between the nodes, the backend slapd's do not.)

John

--
John Madden / Systems Engineer III
Office of Technology / Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana

    Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand
    the concept, you should think of Free as in 'free speech,' not
    as in 'free beer.' -- Richard Stallman