Delta replication don't starts if consumer supports SSL?

Hi.
Today I had to set up two OpenLDAP instances (2.4.33), with delta replication under SSL/TLS, something pretty common, I think.
The installation (from source), initializing and TLS support setup went fine, and both, provider and consumer, started up without problems, and searches did well on both, with ldapd and ldaps. However, the replication never started. After a while (almost 2.5 hours!! and so many slapd.conf files..) I tried to start the consumer without ldaps support, only ldap, and the replication started perfectly! Is this normal? Could be something with the config? The only thing that changed between a not working state and a working one was that if 'slapd -d 256 -h "ldap:/// ldaps:///"' was used, replication didn't start, and with only 'slapd -d 256' the replication started normally.. I repeat that with the first option, beside replication, everything else worked fine, even searches using ldaps..
It's something I could not explain to or customer.. can someone explain it to me? :)
Thanks!

--
Cuando crees que ya has llegado al piso y que no puedes caer mas bajo, descubres que hay un subsuelo...