configure ldap + cyrus sasl on debian 6

Hi,

I tried to install OpenLDAP with Cyrus SASL support on Debian.

I'm running Debian 6.0.4, and until now I was using an 2.4.23 installation, from debian packages.

First attempt : installation of OpenLDAP 2.4.33 with default configure options.
After installation, I converted slapd.conf to cn=config
Then I dropped the database, and tried to rebuild a new one by loading a ldif file (like I'm used to do with my previous installation, from Debian packages)
ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f myfile.ldif
ldapadd: not compiled with SASL support

Second attempt
I installed Cyrus-SASL-2.1.26 (with default configure options)
Then I installed OpenLDAP, "--with-cyrus-sasl"
This time, I got the following message:
ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f myfile.ldif
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

What step did I miss ?

B.