Re: replication between a back-sql master and back-hdb slave

Thanks

I just didn't understand why I would need suffixmassaging and a relay database...

All my data are stored in PostgreSQL, used as a backend for my OpenLDAP/back-sql server (which will become the master OpenLDAP server) After setting up a second OpenLDAP server with hdb/bdb backend, acting as a slave to the master OpenLDAP server with back-sql, all the search requests would be made on the slave
This way I should accomplish two improvements:
- less load on the PostgreSQL server
- better search performances, as the replicated bdb/hdb OpenLDAP slave should perform better as the back-sql OpenLDAP master

The slave would then periodically check the master to requests the changes (pull method).

That should work, no ?

Le 28/01/2013 15:18, Dieter KlÃnter a Ãcrit :
Am Mon, 28 Jan 2013 14:19:44 +0100