Re: missing entry in slapcat backup

Meike Stone writes:
> - What ist the origin for such orphaned nodes (In MMR, it happens and
> I see a few glue records, but in my backup this one node is complete
> missing...)?

Do you check the exit code from slapcat before saving its output?
If slapcat (well, any program) fails, discard the output file.

Corollary:  When you depend on correct output from a program, don't
pipe it to e.g. gzip unless your shell can be told to check both
exit codes.  Normally 'false | true' succeeds, 'true | false' fails.

--
Hallvard