Grant access to a group

Hi,
I would like to grant access to a group in my directory. Granting access to user is straightforward and works, for example
access to attrs=myAttribute
by dn="cn=User,dc=mydomain,dc=com" write
        by anonymous auth
        by users read
        by * none

Now I'm trying to do the same using a group for example
access to attrs=myAttribute
by group/groupOfUniqueNames/uniqueMember="cn=ldap-admins,dc=groups,dc=mydomain,dc=com" write
        by anonymous auth
        by users read
        by * none

I can't get this to work. I tried by group and by group.exact, these also don't work. From the documentation I understand that by group assumes objectClass 'groupOfNames' and attribute 'member' I used groupOfUniqueNames and uniqueMember so the configuration ended up as above.

Is is possible to grant access to the directory in such a way? To a group? How?
Best Regards,
Onno